Thursday, March 11, 2010

Value of Prayer in My Life

During the past ten months of my life, the Lord has allowed a certain situation come into my life. I'm not going to go into details with you about it; it is very personal to me. All I am going to say is that I hate it! It has been a hard situation/trial for me. I've cried a lot about it; that's how painful and real it is to me.
However, the thing I've learned the most about this situation is the value of prayer. I have been blessed to have some very special and wonderful friends. I have shared with a few of my friends about this situation. However, I have learned that one of the best things about being a Christian is that I can talk to God anytime. I am also a first grade teacher. I explain it to my kids that God does not have "closing hours." He is always available for us to talk to. That is a blessing! There have been times that I cannot talk to my friends. But, then I remember what it says in the Bible, "....and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24b That is MY God!
Trials can be, are usually, quite painful. Now, this trial that I have had in my life pales in comparison to some. For that, I am thankful for. However, it has been a hard time for me. One thing I've heard before, and I cannot remember where I heard it from, but I often say is, "What matters to us, matters to God." That saying is and has been such a blessing and encouragement to me. If our God knows and cares about each sparrow that falls to the ground, He cares much more about us.
To be honest, through these ten months or so, I cannot imagine what I would have done if I could not pray. Seriously, there have been times and still are times, that I just need to give this situation to the Lord. He is the only One that can truly change it. He is the only One who I think would actually listen to me in all hours of the night. Another verse that has become so special to me is Psalm 121:4 which says, "Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep." We have all access to the throne of grace, at all times. Truly, that is so special.
These have just been a few of the things I have learned through this situation. These are just some ways on how I am "Learning to Lean on God's Arms."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.