Friday, July 9, 2010

Some of My Favorite Bible Verses

Hello there!
If this is your first time visiting my blog, Welcome! I hope you enjoy it and come again.
I'm linking up to Kelly's Korner @ www.kellyskornerblog.com . I've never done this before. I usually just keep this blog on things I've been learning in my Christian walk. Some of the Show us Your Life entries she has aren't things that I feel like I should link up to on here(they aren't bad just not the purpose of this blog!). But when I read Show Us your Favorite Bible Verse--- I was like YEAH!! I can do that! I've learned so much, especially lately, from God's Word-- the Living Word. I want to share with you some of my favorite verses and a brief description on why they are so dear to me.

One is: "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10
I love that verse! I love the reminder on how He will be exalted among all-- no matter what. To me that is saying, don't worry. Trust Him; He is God! I wrote about this verse in a previous entry on this blog, if you care to read it.

Another one which has become so dear to me in the past few weeks is:
"As for God, his way is perfect:...." Psalm 18:30a
That verse is a blessing to me! It encourages me on how God's way is perfect. We will not always like, want, or agree with what He allows to happen in our lives. I don't! But, I know His way is perfect for me. No, it is not easy; He doesn't promise that. He just says it is perfect for us- according to Him.

Another one is: "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3
He promises to give us peace if our minds are 'stayed' on Him-- if we trust Him. I've been doing my devotions lately about Abraham and Sarah. The devotional book I'm reading mentions that an evidence of walking with the Lord is trusting Him and His Word. He will keep us in perfect peace if we saturate ourselves (our minds) on Him.

Another..... "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." Psalm 56:3
I teach in a Christian school. This verse is used often in our curriculum. That is how I first learned it. Many times when it is mentioned it is talking about storms or things such as that. I do use this verse for those times(I hate storms!), but there are other times that we get afraid. All we have to do is to trust God!

One last one for today.... "The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth." Psalm 145:18
What a blessing! God is near to us when we call to Him. I don't know about you but I've called upon Him. There are times in my life that I've really needed Him. He's there! He's always close to me. He is never too busy for me. What a blessing!

I could write much more. But, I will limit myself to these. I've written about other verses that are special to me in previous posts, if you are interested in reading. I hope that these verses which are a blessing to me, may be a blessing to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.