Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Faithful God

Friday a few weeks ago (May 14) marked a year of something that occured in my life. I've mentioned in previous posts that the Lord has allowed a situation/trial happen in my life. This has been the second hardest year of my life, after the year my daddy was sick then passed away. I've told someone that I can view it that way, sadly, or I can view it that I haven't had many hard times in my life- considering others who have.

In reflecting back, I've learned so much. Part of the reason why I started this blog was to share. If you know me, I'm a talker if I'm comfortable with you. I don't mind sharing, usually, what the Lord has shown me/taught me. I think that is so important. I believe the Lord uses situations to help others. I've been praying that the Lord will use this situation and time of my life to help others. Now this is a trial for me, but praise the Lord, it is not as hard of a trial as some have endured i.e., losing a loved one (I've done that!), suffering with a fatal disease, etc. But, it is a trial.

I can tell you so many things I've learned. I've shared some already in previous posts. But, what I wanted to share today is about God's faithfulness. We have such a faithful God. I try my best to be the best person I can be. I try to be the best Christian I can be. I want to be the best friend, the best sister, the best daughter, the best teacher, the best employee, the best co-worker, etc. I can be. But, as a human, I fail.... often. We all make mistakes- I sure do! But, I'm so thankful that the Lord never leaves me. He just forgives me.

I love that I can go to the Lord and cry to him(pray or sometimes literally cry!) anytime. He is always there. I've been blessed with people who love me. I have a great family and great friends. But, there are times that they are too busy, or to be honest, I just don't want to share with them. I do share things, but I've learned there are sometimes there has to be just God and I(sweet time!).


So, I wanted to just Praise the Lord for His faithfulness. He has never left me nor forsook me. I can tell you something with sure certainty, He NEVER will leave me nor forsake me. That is such a huge encouragement to me. Things change. People change. Relationships change. Life changes. But, I can say GOD NEVER CHANGES!!!.... neither does HIS love for me! You can't help but be encouraged by that thought. I wrote in a previous post about God not changing. That, truly, is a blessing to me. I love how HE is always there. He is ALWAYS faithful!

People leave. Jobs get lost. Lives change. People get hurt. But, no matter what, God is there. He is always faithful! His love for us never change. He forgives when we mess up. He is there when we hurt. He is there when we do not even know how to pray. Main point- He is always there! Praise Him for that.

Has there been a time that you can remember God's faithfulness to you? Would you care to share? If you don't know Jesus as your Savior, you haven't seen His faithfulness to you. You can, though. God's Word says in I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." He promises to be faithful to forgive your (our) sins. If you have any questions about that, please leave a comment. I would love to explain further about my faithful God. His faithfulness to me is one way I am "Learning to Lean on God's Arms."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.